Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Q&A with last year’s MyView winner, Muhammad “Wawan” Zulqamar




How did you come up with your MyView award winning idea?

The idea came to me when I was studying at Hasanuddin University. It was about 8 years ago and I was staying at my aunt's home. My aunt is so disciplined, tough and humble and she always tells me to live as simply as I can. And the (idea came) when she taught me how to take a bath with only one scoop of water. I was surprised when she tried to get me to so that…..it felt like it would be impossible.

But she told me that’s how she bathed when she was young and it was war time. She said you just need to practice and save everything in your life. So she taught me how to bathe with one scoop of water. It was a really really funny experience!

How long did your entry take to make - where was it shot? Are the people in the clip actors?

The film was shot in one day in Ciketing Village in Bekasi City (Indonesia). There are no actors – not even the main talent. They are truly just ordinary people. And the main talent got so cold, because we had so many takes of the bathing scene!

What have you been doing since you won MyView? And what's 2012 have in store?

I am preparing for my 4th short film. It’s about a relationship between two people. It’s a drama, satire, and romance. 

What is your favorite film that you have seen in the past year and why?

I have a lot of favorite films. Those that I mention here are just lying in my mind when I answer this question....... Cinema Nuevo Paradiso, Spice, Citizen Dog, Amelie, Big Fish, Fight Club, Forest Gump, Tropical Malady, The Constant Gardener, Departures, 3-Iron, The Village Album and many more...I like them because most of them have unique ideas and characters and different way of storytelling.

What advice would you give to people who want to enter MyView 2012?

Try to see everything in your life from a different point of view. Keep exploring!! Keep thinking !! Keep struggling!!

Where can people find you?

My twitter account - @wa2nkawai

Be inspired by Wa Wan --- enter MyView

No comments:

Post a Comment